I married the above man of questionable heritage in the Fall of 2006 at a local art gallery here in Central Pennsylvania. We have three miniature versions of ourselves, our genes are quite dominant as you can see... Letteria (6), David (4) and Dominic (2). They are pretty much it in my world because well, I love my kids. Like a lot.
I'm a stay-at-home mom who spends most of her days watching the clock until the kids return from school and Matt, well he works from the home (yes I am a very lucky girl, he cooks, grocery shops and is a modern dad). On andiamo you will find an occasional recipe or diy, but mostly just tales of our times as a young family.
Here are some important (relatively) things of note:
- Letteria is pronounced la-ter-ee-ah, she was named after my paternal great-grandmother who hailed from Sicily. Andiamo is pronounced ahn-dee-ah-mo, and it means "let's go" in Italian.
- I drink like a fish and curse like a sailor. Sorry mom. I try not to do much of either in front of the kids. But sometimes mama needs a cocktail.
- My husband is half Norwegian. I'm up for discussion regarding the other half. I vote Samoan.
- I've been photographing my family since I was 15. Not saying I'm any good at all. Just saying I've been annoying them since 1998.
- Favorites (other than the above four): my family, running, leggings, wine (boxed or bottled), openly acknowledged sarcasm, large Diet Pepsi fountain sodas, Disney movies and parks, painted nails, gangster movies of the New York variety, feather down pillows, Rome, wonderful smelling soaps, the sun, coffee, oldies music and any of the Rat Pack (Sinatra forever and ever, amen), wrought iron anything, punctuality, Christmas, singing loudly for all to hear, the smell of basil, musicals, coffee (again) and my Chapstick. Oh my Chapstick. I watch a lot of movies and I attempt to read somewhere in there too.