a day in the life

I did this once last spring and kinda loved it. So here it is once again in all it's glory. And I apologize for the horrible and sometimes grainy iPhone photos but that's just how it's going to be when one is taking pictures on the hour.

7:30 am: or around there. We alternate which parent gets up with the kids each morning. If we are very lucky we both get to sleep in. Till 7:30. First order of business is to give David his milk NOW and his CHUGGA CHUGGA video on YouTube. Then get coffee for myself. Matt handles breakfast for the kids because he's kind of a modern dad. On this particular day it was Matt's turn to get up with the kids and I slept in till 7:30. It was glorious. After coffee I make all the beds and get the kid's clothes out for the day and then...
8:30 am: I am working out. Elliptical. Treadmill. I pick my poison. These 45 minutes are some of my favorite  minutes of the day. Down in my dungeon. Just me and one of the kid's iPads and some quality television. Revenge. Once Upon a Time. Vampire Diaries. Etc. 
9:30 am: This particular day happened to be a Thursday and on Thursdays I dust and I vacuum. And now that the entire first floor is of the not carpet variety I also Swiffer. 
10:30 am: I am still cleaning. This is a lot more house than my old one. Once we move upstairs I occupy the kids with the ancient art of the VHS in the spare 'oom.  I finally get a shower after being informed that I'm stinky. Showers normally involve one ear out the door listening for any sign of dismemberment. And this room will be painted very soon I just know it.
11:30 am: Now that we are all brushed and dressed for the day it's back downstairs to play prior to the circus that is lunch. 
12:30 pm: This day's lunch wasn't so traumatic. Letty was feeling particularly healthy and had Ramen. David refused all forms of food and chose his milk. It was still all very tiring and necessitated a couch cuddle. 
1:30 pm: David goes down for his nap around 1. Normally this is when Letty gets out all her toys not approved for her brother. Board games. Puzzles. Play doh. Etc. Sometimes if I've had a particularly rough night with someone and her night terrors I can nap and she will rest with her iPad. These are rare gems indeed. This day I started laundry and decided to treat my eyes with a little reading as it has been months since I had the opportunity.  I got to read the part when her horse gets put down and holy moly that was rough. I even shed a tear. 
2:30 pm: Matt makes his own bread. Yes. Add that to the reasons I'm the luckiest. Letty and I took a snack break from our relaxing endeavors and it was deemed good. 
3:30 pm: Why wake up if you are still tired? My daily question. Sometimes David sleeps an hour. Sometimes three. But why the cries? If I had a two hour nap I would wake feeling refreshed (after my coffee). 
4:30 pm: We had one room left that needed some finishing touches, Matt's office. I delegated safely from the floor. 
5:30 pm: My parents came over and my dad installed our new pendant fixture over the kitchen sink. And well it's past 5 so, wine. Also, how very lucky am I to have an electrician for a father? Very that's how much.
6:30 pm: Dinner time! Matt's balls of meat it is. A family favorite made with a sauce recipe handed down through the generations from The Original Letteria to Matt.
7:30 pm: Tubby time complete and we are on the home stretch. Normally after tubby the kids get snacks and a movie. 

8:30 pm: Bed time is usually around 8. Okay it is 8 on the dot and not a moment after unless we have some company over or something. We alternate which parent tucks in the children. We have recently started doing a shared story in Letty's bed and then David gets unceremoniously plopped into his crib. Letty involves more stories, sippies, and veiled "go to sleep immediately or else" threats. Then calm. 
9:30 pm: Wine. And in this case Wolf of Wall Street. Otherwise known as the longest movie ever rented. 
10:30 pm: Snack time on the red carpet. Cheese and pretzels because I'm classy. With the largest knife known to mankind. The movie is still going strong. 
11:30 pm: My heavens this movie is still going on. I will regret it maƱana when it is my turn getting up with the kids because you know when it's my turn it'll be 6 am (spoiler alert: it was). 

And that is a typical day. The activities vary a bit depending on the day of the week but we keep ourselves busy. Isn't the life of a stay-at-home mom great?